Practise - Reading Challenge
Try to read them as fast as you can without sounding out. This will build up speed and fluency in your reading. When you can read all words quickly move onto the next challenge! Year 1 Children should be able to read phase 2- 5B
Practise - Spelling Challenge
1. Practise counting in 2's, 5's & 10's
2. Count forward and backwards from 0-50
3. Write in order numerals 0-50
4. I can write numbers 1-20 in words
5. I know my number bonds to 10
(Song- 5 and 5 add up to ten, 6 and 4 make it again, 7 and 3 will also do, look look look for 8 and 2, 9 and 1, zero and ten make the number bonds to 10.)
6. I can name 2D shapes (triangle/rectangle/square/circle) and say some properties about them (number of corners/edges)
7. I can name 3D shapes (sphere/cone/cuboid/cylinder/pyramid/cone)
Complete the one more/ one less worksheet
What job would you like to have to help at school or at home. Would you like to be a teacher? A caretaker like Mr Parkes? Work in the office like Mrs Fox? Or be a Mummy or Daddy and do all the jobs at home?
Draw a picture of the job you would like to do and write a sentence to explain why you would like that job.
eg - 'I can be a cook like Mrs Campbell-Butler because I like to make cakes.'
How many of these Nursery Rhymes can you sing on your own?
1. Twinkle Twinkle little star
2. Hickory Dickory Dock
3. Jack and Jill went up the hill
4. Hey Diddle Diddle
5. Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall
6. Incy wincy spider
7. Baa Baa Black sheep
8. Mary Mary quite contrary
9. I'm a little teapot
10. Tommy Thumb, Tommy Thumb, where are you?
11. 1 2 3 4 5 once I caught a fish alive
12. Pat a cake
13.This old man
14. 5 Little ducks went swimming one day
15. The grand old duke of york
16.Wind the bobbin up
17. Head, shoulders, knees and toes
18. If you're happy and you know it
19. Five little monkeys jumping on the bed
20. Rock a bye baby
Go Outside and ride your bike or scooter.
Unfortunately not the ones with chocolate chips.
Our cookies ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please make your choice!
Some cookies are necessary in order to make this website function correctly. These are set by default and whilst you can block or delete them by changing your browser settings, some functionality such as being able to log in to the website will not work if you do this. The necessary cookies set on this website are as follows:
A 'sessionid' token is required for logging in to the website and a 'crfstoken' token is used to prevent cross site request forgery. An 'alertDismissed' token is used to prevent certain alerts from re-appearing if they have been dismissed.
We use Matomo cookies to improve the website performance by capturing information such as browser and device types. The data from this cookie is anonymised.
Cookies are used to help distinguish between humans and bots on contact forms on this website.
A cookie is used to store your cookie preferences for this website.Cookies that are not necessary to make the website work, but which enable additional functionality, can also be set. By default these cookies are disabled, but you can choose to enable them below: